COVID-19 & RunningLane Events Update
As a company, we see the health and well-being of participants and our community as our biggest priority. While this is a time of uncertainty, we want to keep you informed on what that status is for our future events. This page will be updated anytime there is new information regarding RunningLane Events and their protocols. We will update this page if and when we have new information. Please be patient with us as we are currently making decisions on how we can keep our running community happy and our world healthy. Before making any decisions on events, travel and social interaction please keep up to date with the CDC’s latest recommendations.
NOTE TO PARTICIPANTS LOOKING TO REGISTER: We recommend that you hold off on registering for any event (not just our own) until you are more certain of the event’s status.
After discussions with the state park and following the CDC's latest recommendations, we are going to postpone the 2020 Grand Viduta Stage Race to Friday October 2nd - Sunday October 4th, 2020. If the new date does not work for you, you may defer your entry to another RunningLane race in 2020. Contact email@example.com for details on deferment.
Week by week the impact of this virus is changing significantly. For good or for worse, it will likely look different each week for the foreseeable future. In order to be up to date with the latest information, Monte Sano State Park and ourselves have agreed to make the decision whether or not the Grand Viduta Stage Race will go on, by Friday, April 10 (2 weeks from race day). In the meantime, we will keep our participants up to date with any new information.
As of today, our next event the The Grand Viduta Stage Race and future RunningLane events are still on. This is pending decisions made by the Monte Sano State Park, Land Trust and local authorities. Right now, we are in the process of creating a safer event.
Protocols for GVSR:
1) We will have a chip-timed start. This will keep any crowding to a minimum.
2) This race will be self-aided. For the safety of our competitors, we will not have aid stations. All competitors will be required to carry their own hydration device.
3) The courses will likely change to ensure that competitors have an opportunity to refuel.
4) We will have a virtual participant option (not age group award eligible). Here is the link to our RunningLane Events Strava account. Competitors will be given a time window in which they can complete their registered distances. We trust that people will be honest with their participation and logging of their race distances. More information will be provided for participants on the virtual participation option.
5) Shirts will be available for pick up at Fleet Feet, Huntsville after the race period for those who choose the virtual option. We will not be mailing shirts.
6) For those who are uncomfortable with these options, race deferment/credit towards another RunningLane event in 2020 may be requested.