Wade Mountain Marathon
Trail Marathon & Trail Half Marathon
October 21, 2018
Wade Mountain Nature Preserve - Huntsville AL
10130 Spragins Hollow Rd NW, Huntsville, AL 35810
|Early Registration thru Aug 31st||Open Registration|
|$45 for the Half||$55 for the Half|
|$65 for the Full||$75 for the Full|
Both races start at 8:00 am
Come out and experience the Wade Mountain Nature Preserve, a part of the Land Trust of North Alabama. This is a fully supported marathon and half marathon featuring a loop course on the beautiful route around Wade Mountain.
Packet Pickup Fleet Feet Huntsville on Saturday, October 20st, from 12:00pm to 6:00pm. If we are not sold out, last-chance registration will be at packet pickup Oct 20st.
1. Everyone should carry a personal hydration device.
2. Everyone must start with the pack at the official, advertised start time. Pre-running will not be counted as an official result.
3. If you impede another runner's progress or endanger them via tripping hazard or contact, you may be subject to disqualification.
4. Dogs: One dog per runner, please. Dogs must be on a leash at all times. Additionally, the dog counts as an extension of you as a person, and rule #3 will apply in extension.
5. The race is sanctioned by the USATF and will be run in accordance with their rules in addition to our own.
6. Other rules may be provided by the race directors prior to the start of the race. In certain situations, failure to follow rules may result in disqualification.
There will be three aid stations: Intersection of Shovelton and Wade, on Bostick, and at the start/finish area. Aid stations will be stocked with GU Energy Gels along with other trail foods! Water will be at the west end aid station (Bostick Trail) and at the start/finish station.
Become a donor to the trails that graciously allow this event: the Land Trust of North Alabama!
Marathon - Start on Spragin's Hollow Road moving west. Enter the NICA Trail on your left. When completing the NICA loop, turn right onto Spragin's Hollow Road returning to the start. Devil's Racetrack to Rock Wall turn left; Rock Wall to Harris moving straight; Harris to Shovelton turn left; Shovelton to Wade Mountain turn left; Wade Mountain to Bostick turn right; Bostick to Fossil Bench turn left; re-enter Wade Mountain trail turning right from Fossil Bench; Wade Mountain to Devil's Racetrack turn left; follow Devil's Racetrack clockwise then down hill turning left; Devil's Racetrack to Piney Loop turn left; Piney Loop back to trailhead to complete first lap (14.3 mi). Second lap is exactly the same but without the road or NICA Trail (the yellow section on the map).
Half Marathon - Start on Spragin's Hollow Road moving west. Enter the NICA Trail on your left. When completing the NICA loop, turn right onto Spragin's Hollow Road returning to the start. Devil's Racetrack to Rock Wall turn left; Rock Wall to Shovelton turning right; Shovelton to Wade Mountain turn left; Wade Mountain to Bostick turn right; Bostick to Fossil Bench turn left; re-enter Wade Mountain trail turning right from Fossil Bench; Wade Mountain to Devil's Racetrack go straight; Devil's Racetrack to Piney Loop turn left; Piney Loop back to trailhead to finish.
The Half Marathon has 1,598ft of elevation gain meanwhile the Marathon has 3,166ft of gain.
Cutoff times will be 5 hours for the Half and 8 hours for the Full. Cutoff progress will be checked at aid stations.
Volunteers will be needed for the aid stations. We will have AM and PM shifts of about 4 hours each, at two aid stations. So you'll have 4 different time/locations you can sign up for if you or a friend/relative are interested. Details will be posted as soon as we set up the tasks (probably in late summer).
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com
Like us on facebook!